NEW YORK — There are 28 million people without health care coverage in the United States, most of whom cannot afford existing coverage options. America’s health care system leaves too many people uninsured, eats into workers’ wages, public budgets and employers’ bottom lines and puts millions of American families one medical emergency away from financial ruin.
Mike Bloomberg believes that no one should suffer because they can’t afford health insurance, and no one should face financial hardships because of medical bills. Health care is a right. As president, Mike will deliver affordable, reliable health care to all Americans.
Create a Public Option
- Expand a Medicare-like health plan, administered by the federal government, to every American who wants it.
- Prioritize covering the uninsured, including low-income Americans in states that haven’t expanded Medicaid.
- Focus on states that haven’t expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
Reverse Trump’s Sabotage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Build On It
- Protect Americans with pre-existing conditions and ensure they have access to insurance coverage.
- Expand enrollment efforts to the ACA markets, Medicaid and CHIP, covering the more than 12 million people currently eligible but unenrolled.
- Limit health plans that don’t meet ACA standards.
- Defend the ACA in court against politically motivated lawsuits.
Reduce Health Care Prices and Ban Surprise Medical Bills For Everyone
- Cap insurance premiums at 8.5% of a household’s income through expanded tax credits in the individual market, making marketplace plans accessible to roughly 2.4 million more Americans.
- Create a permanent federal reinsurance program, fostering competition and driving down premiums for all Americans.
- Require doctors and clinicians who operate within an in-network hospital to accept in-network rates.
- Cap out-of-network hospital rates at 200% of Medicare rates, saving families money and driving health care prices down for all Americans.
Lower Drug Costs
- Cap Medicare beneficiaries’ annual out-of-pocket costs at $2,000.
- Authorize Medicare to directly negotiate drug prices with pharmaceutical companies, and apply those prices to the commercial market.
- Eliminate drug-company payments to pharmacy benefit managers.
- Reform the Medicare Prescription Drug benefit to encourage greater competition.
For more information on Mike’s plans, visit here.