Freedom and full equality for all.
Mike has fought passionately to help America fulfill its promise of equal rights and equal opportunity for all. As mayor, he stood up to bigotry and discrimination, championed LGBTQ rights, helped lead the fight for marriage equality, and presided over New York City’s first official same-sex marriage the day it became legal. Mike’s company is a global leader in advancing gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Mike’s Record on Equal Rights
- Mike helped lead New York State’s push for marriage equality, which became law in 2011.
- Mike stood up for religious freedom, tolerance, and diversity when he forcefully defended the right to build an Islamic community center near the World Trade Center site.
- For two decades, Mike’s company has provided benefits to domestic partners, regardless of gender.
- Mike’s company received a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign and was named one of the "Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality."
- Bloomberg created the first-of-its-kind Gender Equality Index to help companies around the world measure and showcase their progress toward gender equality.